Below, we’ve gathered the best sweepstakes casinos for 2022, and we’ll give you all the details on:
- How sweepstakes casinos work
- How they’re legal
- And how to get in on the action and get your sweep coins for a chance to win big.
Best Social & Sweepstakes Casinos With Cash Prizes in the USA
- Live Dealer
- Instant-play Casino Software
- Variety of Payment Methods
- Extremely Generous Welcome Offer
- Wide Variety of Games
- Live Dealer
- Compatible with all mobile devices
- Great selection of games
- Banking methods with flexible limits
Super Slots Casino
- Live Dealer
- US Players Accepted
- Massive Welcome Bonus
- Works With Cryptocurrency
- Live Dealer
- 250 top-notch casino games
- Multiplatform compatibility
- Amazing live dealer casino games
- Outstanding loyalty program
- Live Dealer
- Extensive Collection of Games
- Solid Variety of Payment Methods
- Fast Deposits and Withdrawals
- Amazing bonuses and promotions
How Do Sweepstakes Casinos Work?
Each Sweepstakes Casino in the US offers two types of play with two different currencies. You can play for fun or play for special coins, called sweeps coins. You can’t buy these sweeps coins. They come as an extra with a product and are a reward for some contests the casino runs. When you’ve earned enough of those Sweeps Coins, you exchange them for cash prizes.
Earning sweeps coins works the exact same way as you’d win in a traditional online casino. Playing slots gives you the chance to win money. Each slot can be played with either fun money or sweep coins. When you play with fun money, you win more of those coins. Playing with sweep coins gives you the chance to win more sweep coins.
This allows you to try out a slot before you decide to wager your sweep coins. If you’d rather just play for fun, sweepstake casinos are a great way to play slots without risking real money. The slots and other games in sweepstake casinos rival those in a normal online casino.
Popular Sweepstakes Casino Games
Sweepstakes Casinos offer many of the same games you’ll find in traditional online casinos. Every casino will have its own unique catalog of games, but you can always count on a variety of slots. Other than these videoslots, some casinos may offer:
The slots offered often reflect the slots you may know from brick and mortar or online casinos, and sometimes are even the same. You find different features, themes, extras, and bonuses. Many casinos also offer progressive slots where you can win increasingly high prizes, worth thousands of dollars once you’ve traded the Coins for cash.
How to Sign Up For a Sweepstakes Casino
Signing up for a sweepstakes casino is easy. Most casinos have a bright button in the right top corner of the screen that takes you straight to the login and sign up process. Once you’ve reached that screen, follow these steps:
Fill out your personal details – this starts with your first and last name, followed by your email address and a password. You also need to acknowledge that you don’t live in excluded territories (Idaho and Washington) and are at least 18 years old.
Confirm your email and phone number – to keep going, confirm your email and phone number.
Play your favorite games – you can immediately start playing for fun money or sweeps coins.
Buy more fun money – if you run out of fun money or want more sweeps money, you can buy extra fun money. As a bonus, you also receive more sweeps coins.
Can You Win Real Money with Sweepstakes Casinos?
In the end, yes. You don’t wager or win real money in Sweepstakes Casinos, but when you win enough Sweeps Coins, you can exchange these for money. Technically, the Sweeps Coins don’t hold any monetary value, but once you’ve won enough of them, you can trade them for cash prizes.
How much money you can win isn’t always clear. That’s because the sweeps coins don’t hold a monetary value. Instead, you win cash prizes for trading in the sweeps coins.
Are Sweepstakes Casinos Legal?
Yes. Although most US states currently don’t allow playing in online casinos, sweepstakes casinos are the exception in all states but Idaho and Washington. As the name implies, sweepstakes casinos use regulations around a special type of contest: the sweepstake. You may recognize the sweepstake from other companies that use promotions where you can win (cash) prizes, such as the annual McDonald’s Monopoly promotion.
In a sweepstakes promotion, players have a chance of winning prizes by joining the promotion and obtaining some sort of tickets. The difference between a traditional lottery and a sweepstakes promotion is that you can’t buy tickets for a sweepstakes promotion. These tickets often come with a product – like with the McDonald’s Monopoly promotion. You don’t have to buy a product for a chance at the prizes.
A sweepstakes casino uses the same laws to run continuous promotions. Sweep Coins represent a ticket to win the sweepstakes prizes, while you’re buying the Gold Coins. You don’t need to buy any Sweep Coins to enter the promotion, because there are several other ways to get these Sweep Coins.
How Do You Get Sweep Coins?
You can get sweep coins in different ways. Often, you get sweep coins just for signing up to the casino. After that point, you’ll have different chances to get more sweep coins.
- As a bonus with a purchase of fun money – this fun money allows you to play the slots and other games. Wins with fun money never qualify you for cash prizes, but you need this currency to play on the website. Registering on the website often gives you a starting budget in fun money as well as some Sweep Coins on the side.
- Social giveaways – a type of promotion where engaging with the casino on social media gives some people extra sweep coins.
- Writing a letter – ensures that people don’t need to buy a product. When you handwrite a letter and send a self-addressed and stamped envelope along with the letter, the casino has to send you some Sweep Coins. Casinos will tell you exactly what the letter should say and will put some restrictions on how many letters you can send.
- Winning sweep coins – if you play slots with sweep coins, you’ll win sweep coins, too.