Below, we’ve gathered the best sweepstakes casinos for January 2023, and we’ll give you all the details on:
- How sweepstakes casinos work
- How they’re legal
- And how to get in on the action and get your sweep coins for a chance to win big.
Fortune Coins Casino
- Live Dealer
- $8 No Deposit Bonus
- Free Coins Section
- Daily Login Bonus
- Referral Program
- Live Dealer
- Over 300 Free Online Slots
- Dedicated Apps for Android and iOS
- Great Games And Bonuses
The listed online sweepstakes casinos are legal in the USA and benchmarked by our team based on several criteria. They stand out for their compliance with sweepstakes rules, excellent collection of games, real cash payouts, and games’ fairness.
Unlike real money casinos, most sweepstake casinos produce their own games and come up with exciting promotions to let you in for free. No purchase necessary is their backbone, making it possible to play free sweepstakes casino games no deposit and win real money prizes. Anyone over 18 based in the US can play at the above sites.
We recommend joining each of these and logging in daily to accumulate their daily sweeps coins rewards, which can pile up to thousands of dollars over a long period. Check out the five best sweepstakes casinos for this month:
Understanding sweepstake casinos’ value requires a clear picture of the USA online casino industry. Before we explain how sweepstake casinos work, let’s briefly explore the available options.
DraftKings, Caesars, FanDuel, and BetMGM Casino fall under this category. These sites are licensed by local iGaming authorities and are legal in a few states only, namely MI, PA, NJ, CT, and WV. Anyone over 21 based there can play real money casino games.
Since the exit of popular gambling brands in 2011, offshore gambling sites licensed by Panama and Curaçao have started operating in the US. Such sites include Bovada, Bodog, Slots.lv, and Wild Casino. Any American over 18 can play slots and casino games using USD and get real money payouts. These sites are similar to the above, but fall under a gray area.
Big Fish Casino, BetRivers.net, Parx Social Casino, and Slotomania are some social casinos accepting Americans, and players from all over the world, who are over 18. Such sites provide a selection of games you can play with virtual coins. These are for entertainment purposes only and do not pay out any real cash prizes. Players can still spend money to buy coins for additional playtime.
How Sweepstakes Casinos Work
Sweepstakes casinos are only legal in the US, operating as a hybrid between the above three. Borrowing the sweepstakes model used for interstate competitions, they can operate across all US states for anyone 18+. The main requirement is that they do not require participants to spend real money for a chance to win. How does this concept mix with online casinos?
Chumba was the first to come up with the concept in 2012:
- Sweepstake casinos can operate legally in all states through virtual currencies like social casinos.
- However, they provide two instead of just one virtual currency where you cannot win real money. Sweeps coins and gold coins.
- Gold coins are play money that you can use for fun only. These can be bought for real money in the form of coin packages, starting from as low as $0.99.
- Sweeps coins can be exchanged for real dollars, usually at a 1 SC for $1 rate. Players cannot buy these coins and are instead awarded via bonuses for signing up, logging in, or participating in contests. Buying gold coins provides the equivalent cost in sweeps coins too.
This model has given birth to online sweepstake casinos USA, which combine the best elements of the three pre-existing online casino categories:
- Availability to all Americans.
- Real money prizes available.
- Legal under state and federal laws.
The gambling experience is identical after you get accustomed to sweepstake rules. The above overview offers the essential tools to start playing free online casino games for real money in the USA.
Online sweepstake casinos offer many of the same games you’ll find in traditional online casinos. Every casino will have its unique catalog of games, but you can always count on various slots. Other than video slots, some casinos offer:
- Table games
- Skill games
- Fish games
- Live dealer games
- Progressive jackpots
The casino games offered often reflect the games you would find in brick-and-mortar or online casinos, usually powered by the same companies. You’ll get a variety of special features, themes, and bonuses. Million-makers are also available via progressive jackpots on some sweeps cash casinos. Below, we briefly provide an overview of what you can expect at sweepstake casinos.
Online Sweepstakes Slots
There is hardly a sweepstake casino without online slots. Some are powered by renowned game vendors like Pragmatic Play and NetEnt, while other sweeps slots casinos produce their games in-house.
Indifferently, you will find a selection of classic payline slots, 3-reelers, modern 5×3 video slots, and even Megaways games. Progressive networks might run across all games, while exclusive progressive slots are also available. Here is some of the slots coverage on popular sweepstake casinos.
- Pulsz Casino slots – powered by 10+ companies, including Relax Gaming, Pragmatic Play, NetEnt, BGaming, and Booongo. The Pulsz Casino slots exceed 300+, with bonus buy, Megaways, progressive jackpots, and most other types of video slots. You can start playing now with 2.3 SC and 5,000 GC no deposit.
- Chumba Casino slots – 80+ online slots produced using the proprietary software of Virtual Gaming Wolds (VGW), with some outsourced by Playtech and Golden Rock Studios. Enjoy the fireshot progressive jackpot slots for 1m+ sweeps coins prizes or Chumba’s very own ways to win slots and Hold and Win games. Get 2 free sweeps and 1 million GC to play on Chumba.
- WOW Vegas Casino slots – enjoy 300+ video slots and 3D games by Betsoft and Pragmatic Play. Play using Wow coins or sweeps coins to win real cash prizes. 1 SC is awarded when you sign-up via this page.
Sweeps Table Games
You’d be surprised by the selection of table games at sweepstake casinos. Online roulette, blackjack, and video poker are offered almost universally. Live casino games are hard to spot, but we are seeing them more often lately. Casino war, baccarat, and other table games are rarely available at online sweepstake casinos, but below is a quick overview of what you’ll come across.
- Roulette games tend to follow the classic European or American format. You can play such games on Chumba Casino, WOW Vegas Casino, and Stake.us, among other platforms.
- Video poker is widely accessible at sweepstake games libraries. Most platforms offer Joker Poker, Deuces Wild, and Multihand variants. Global Poker is also home to cash, sit’n’go, and satellite poker tournaments where you play against other players.
- Blackjack games come in a similar range to roulette, and you can play these at most sweepstake casinos. Pulsz, Stake.us, and Chumba Casino, to name a few.
The range of specialty games you can encounter at real money sweepstake casinos is often more extensive than with real money platforms. That’s because regulations are more lenient on these platforms.
- Lottery types of games like online keno, scratch-offs, and bingo are widely available. Pulsz Bingo and Golden Hearts Games are home to live bingo rooms, while Pulsz and Fortune Coins offer an excellent range of keno and scratchcards. Paintball keno is another unique variant you can find on Funzpoints Casino.
- Fish gambling games on legit sweeps cash casinos are hard to come by. Currently, you can play Emily’s Treasure on Fortune Coins, where you shoot fish for prizes with other players.
- Wheel of Fortune, Coin Flip, Sic Bo, and other specialty titles are scattered across sweepstake casinos, with most offering at least a handful of excellent options.
Skill Games with Cash Prizes
Skill games are often outside the online gambling realm, but sweeps cash casinos often allow you to play games where you use your skills to win over other players. Cash prizes are included, often in a leaderboard format. You can find 500+ skill games like dominoes, shooting games, chess, and more on sites like Skillz.com and PCH games.
Although most US states currently don’t allow playing in online casinos, sweepstakes casinos are the exception. Washington, D.C., and other states might be excluded per the site’s rules.
As their name implies, sweepstake casinos use regulations that surround sweepstakes. You may recognize these competitions from well-known companies that they use to run promotions with cash prizes, such as the annual McDonald’s Monopoly promotion.
In a sweepstakes promotion, players can win prizes by entering the contest via some sort of ticket. The main difference between promotional sweepstakes and traditional lottery is that you cannot buy tickets to enter the sweepstakes contest. Instead, these will come with a product like the McDonald’s Monopoly promotion. You don’t need to pay to enter.
With sweepstake casinos specifically, the same laws apply in a slightly adjusted way. Sweep coins represent the ticket to win prizes while purchasing gold coins. You don’t buy sweeps coins directly, and you don’t need to since these are provided in several ways for free.
As long as a sweepstake casino complies with the above, it operates legally in the USA.
How to Sign Up for a Sweepstakes Casino
Signing up for a sweepstakes casino is easy. Most casinos have a bright button in the top right corner of the screen that takes you straight to the login and sign-up process. Once you’ve reached that screen, follow these steps:
Fill out your personal details – this starts with your first and last name, followed by your email address and a password. You also need to acknowledge that you don’t live in excluded territories (often Washington, Idaho, and Wyoming) and are at least 18 years old.
Confirm your email and phone number – to keep going, confirm your email and phone number.
Play your favorite games – you can immediately start playing for fun money or sweeps coins.
Buy more fun money – if you run out of fun money or want more sweeps money, you can buy extra fun money. As a bonus, you also receive more sweeps coins.
Verifying your account is essential before redeeming real money, like with online casinos. Sourcing documents such as your ID can help confirm your identity, address, and banking method.
Online sweepstake casinos are open to all states for players over 18 years old. Some sites, like Stake.us, only accept players over 21. This will vary based on each operator’s principles.
Likewise, sweepstake casinos can operate in all states. Most opt-out of Washington D.C. because of a lawsuit filed against Big Fish Casino a few years back, where the social casino had to pay nearly a billion dollars in fines. This happened because it didn’t comply with specific responsible gambling rules.
The above tends to apply, but you should double-check each site via our reviews or their terms and conditions section.
We’ve mentioned sweeps and gold coins several times throughout this page because they are central to sweepstake casinos. They are the equivalent of USD in online casinos, making these sites compliant with sweepstakes rules.
You should understand by now that gold coins can be purchased and do not hold any value, and sweeps coins are only provided for free as a bonus and can be exchanged for real money.
Gold coin purchases provide the same value in SC, giving you your money’s worth. For example, if you spend $19.99 for a gold coin package, you will get X amount of gold coins, and 20 sweeps coins.
These virtual currencies can be offered under different names, often branded according to the site. For instance, the most popular online sweepstake casinos use these currencies:
- Chumba Casino – sweeps and gold coins
- LuckyLand Slots – sweeps and gold coins
- Funzpoints Casino – standard and premium funzpoints
- Global Poker – sweeps and gold coins
- SweepSlots Casino – sweeps and gold coins
- WOW Vegas Casino – Wow and sweeps coins
- Pulsz Casino and Bingo – sweeps and gold coins
- Funrize Casino – free and promotional tournament entries
- Fortune Coins Casino – gold and fortune coins
- Stake.us Sweepstakes Casino – gold coins and stake cash
If you join a site with a single virtual currency, then it is more likely a social casino that doesn’t pay out real money. Such examples include High 5 Casino, Gambino Slots, Lightning Link Casino, and House of Fun.
In contrast to real money online casinos, you cannot just buy as many sweeps coins as you like. Instead, you need to settle for the packages on offer. These often range from $0.99 to $199, including a number of gold coins and the prize equivalent in sweeps coins.
You can instantly make a deposit, or purchase under sweepstakes lingo, by using one of the supported payment options. There are no fees, and the methods you can use will mainly include some of the following:
- Debit and credit cards (Visa, MasterCard, Discover)
- Prepaid vouchers
- Trustly Online Banking
- Cryptocurrency (only on Stake.us)
Sweeps coins redemptions are possible after you use the bonus sweeps coins and come out as a winner. A 1x playthrough often applies, and you must accumulate over 50 or 100 SC before you can redeem them (withdraw), depending on the sweepstake casino.
Payouts can be used via the above methods, plus Gift Cards, Wire Transfers, and Paper Cheques. Prize redemptions usually take longer, with waiting times of up to five business days.
It is important to remember that sweeps coins aren’t always the equivalent to of 1 SC to $1. For instance, 100 fortune coins equal $1, as 100 SC on SweepSlots. However, the above is the general rule.
Before you can redeem your sweepstakes cash, account verification is a must, like on real money casinos. Also, a rule on maximum single winnings at $2,500 apply at sweepstake casinos in Florida and New York.
You can get sweep coins in different ways. Often, you get sweep coins just for signing up at the casino. After that point, you’ll have extra chances to get more sweep coins.
- As a bonus with a purchase of fun money – this fun money allows you to play the slots and other games. Wins with fun money never qualify you for cash prizes, but you need this currency to play on the website. Registering on the website often gives you a starting budget in fun money, as well as some sweep coins on the side.
- Social giveaways – a type of promotion where engaging with the casino on social media gives the qualifying participants extra sweep coins.
- Writing a letter – ensures that people don’t need to buy a product. When you handwrite a letter and send a self-addressed and stamped envelope along with the letter, the casino has to add some free sweep coins to your account. Casinos will tell you exactly what the letter should say and will put some restrictions on how many letters you can send.
- Winning sweep coins – if you play slots with sweep coins, you’ll win sweep coins, too.
The above are the most common ways to earn additional free sweeps to play casino games for cash prizes. Nonetheless, sweepstake casinos implement promotions like real money platforms where you can accumulate more SCs.
- Daily login bonus – enter the sweepstakes’ casino daily, and you will receive a notification to accept your daily SC and GC bonus.
- Reload bonuses – discounts of packages or special deposit bonuses can help you spend less for more coins.
- Refer-a-friend bonus – invite your friends to the sweepstake casino and get free coins when they make the first purchase.
- VIP and loyalty rewards – some social casinos like Pulsz provide loyalty points based on activity. These unlock exclusive benefits and better gold coin package deals.
Are sweepstakes casinos legal in the US?
As long as a sweepstake casino doesn’t use USD and doesn’t require a purchase to play, it is most likely legal. The companies powering the games, player reviews, and the site owner are other aspects that would help determine whether a sweeps cash casino is legit and pays out. Our team has selected the best legal sweepstakes casinos for USA players, and we list them above.
Can you win real money with sweepstakes casinos?
In the end, yes. You don’t wager or win real money in sweepstakes casinos, but you can exchange these for money when you win enough sweeps coins. Technically, the sweeps coins don’t hold any monetary value, but once you’ve won enough of them, you can trade them for cash prizes.
How much money you can win isn’t always straightforward. That’s because the sweeps coins don’t hold a monetary value. Instead, you win cash prizes for trading in the sweeps coins. As a general rule, the minimum redemption threshold tends to range between 50 SC and 100 SC, while the exchange rate is often $1: 1 SC.
Who can play at sweeps cash casinos?
Most sweepstake casinos accept players who are 18 or older from all US states except Washington, D.C. Entry requirements can vary per site, so it is best to double-check with their terms and conditions. For instance, Stake.us only allows players over 21 to join, while Pulsz Casino restricts access to play from WAS, WY, and ID.
How to win sweeps coins?
Sweeps coins are provided for free when you sign-up or log in daily at sweepstake casinos. At least that’s a requirement all legit sweepstakes casinos adhere to. Buying gold coins, entering contests, writing a mail, or winning at casino games can provide additional sweeps coins.