- UFC announces its full lineup for a UFC Fight Night event returning to Vegas May 30
- One of the most anticipated. matches on the card will include welterweight between Kevin Holland and Daniel Rodriguez.
- All athletes and fighters will be required to take two COVID-19 swab tests before competing
- “No athlete or cornermen will be permitted to leave the Athlete Hotel after the second test without express prior approval from the Nevada State Athletic Commissions.” UFC memo.
- White’s net worth is assessed at $500 millions after acquiring the UFC back in 2001 for $2 million
According to a memo released by the UFC, “all athletes and fighters will now be required to take two COVID-19 swab tests before competing.”
After the first test, persons who tested will have to self isolate within the hotel until they get back their results.
The memo mentions that tested persons “should not leave the Athlete Hotel or have physical contact with anyone other than the members of your camp until you have received your test result.”
After the second test, “no athlete or cornermen will be permitted to leave the Athlete Hotel without express prior approval from the Nevada State Athletic Commissions.” UFC memo.
UFC looking forward to returning to Vegas
The UFC has announced its full lineup for a UFC Fight Night event scheduled for May 30. The event is expected to take place at the company’s Apex facility in Las Vegas.
It is noteworthy to mention that the venue location could change by May 27, but this is rather unlikely. The final decision on the venue will be confirmed by the Nevada State Athletic Commission.
UFC’s May 30 events will be the first since the Nevada State Athletic Commission suspended all combat sports in mid-March due to the spread of COVID-19.
UFC’s full lineup for May 30:
- Featherweight: Chris Gutierrez vs. Vince Morales
- Bantamweight: Louis Smolka vs. Casey Kenney
- Flyweight: Tim Elliott vs. Brandon Royal
- Light Heavyweight: Jamahal Hill vs. Kidson Abreu
- Catchweight (150 pounds): Billy Quarantillo vs. Spike Carlyle
- Flyweight: Katlyn Chookagian vs. Antonina Shevchenko
- Strawweight: Mackenzie Dern vs. Hannah Cifers
- Lightweight: Brok Weaver vs. Roosevelt Roberts
- Welterweight: Kevin Holland vs. Daniel Rodriguez
- Heavyweight: Blagoy Ivanov vs. Augusto Sakai
- Welterweight: Tyron Woodley vs. Gilbert Burns
More on the mastermind behind UFC
White was born in 1969 and aside from being a successful businessman, he heads the largest organisation for mixed martial arts, the UFC.
He founded the company, Dana White Enterprises, based in Las Vegas. He led aerobics classes in three gyms in the greater Las Vegas before working as a manager for two MMA fighters.
White’s net worth is assessed at $500 million. He acquired the UFC back in 2001 for $2 million and grew it to the empire it is today.