Las Vegas Sands tests convention center safety plan with mock event

  • Las Vegas Sands has moved quickly to hold a mock trade show at the Sands Expo exhibit hall.
  • In attendance were Gov. Steve Sisolak and meeting industry professionals.
  • The news comes a few days after the governor announced the easing of capacity limits to allow larger meetings and gatherings in the state.
  • Apart from Sands, other companies that have announced plans to resume their meetings and events are MGM Resorts International and Wynn Resorts Ltd.

Las Vegas Sands Corp. already hosted a trade show as the company said it was ready for events.

New public gathering guidelines

The casino and resort operator said it held a mock trade show with a 296,000-square-foot, socially distanced event setup at the Sands Expo exhibit hall for Nevada Gov. Steve Sisolak and other meeting industry professionals. The news comes before the state finalizes its new public gathering guidelines.

During the mock event, guests went through the whole trade show process, from arrival and registration to exhibit halls and vendor booths. The company also staged food courts and general sessions to demonstrate up-to-date protocols, including social distancing and sanitization procedures.

On September 29, Sisolak announced the easing of capacity limits to allow larger meetings and gatherings. New state guidelines require event organizers to apply to host up to 1,000 attendees. However, people must be separated into groups of utmost 250 at a time in areas such as banquet halls.

In a statement, senior vice president of sales at The Venetian and Sands Expo, Chandra Allison, said meetings were at the center of The Venetian Resort. Allison added that the company recognizes “the importance of bringing meetings back” safely and responsibly.

She also expressed the company’s support for the goal that the governor has for Silver State, which is that as the state reopens for meetings, it “will be open for the long term, doing so with safety and consistency in mind.”

A typical host of large conventions such as CES, Sands has introduced many initiatives to keep guests at trade shows and meetings safe.

Apart from testing employees for the coronavirus frequently, the staff at Sands is in a pilot program testing a “smart ring” that could potentially predict the onset of COVID-19 before symptoms surface, as well as a digital device that can help in contact tracing.

Sands partnered with ABC’s “Shark Tank”

Over the summer, Sands partnered with ABC’s “Shark Tank” to host the production of the TV show and test the company’s new Venetian Clean trade show and meeting safety protocols.

The company successfully created a bubble around the production of the show, reporting zero COVID-19 cases two months after the process began.

It’s not just Las Vegas Sands that have announced their meeting and convention plans following the update on public gathering guidelines.

The Plaza, home to the largest ballroom in downtown, announced plans to host events and meetings again Monday. It also unveiled its #MaskOnMeetOn campaign that involves mask-wearing, social distancing, and sanitization. Last week, MGM Resorts International and Wynn Resorts Ltd. also revealed their plans of bringing back meetings and conventions with the aid of rapid COCID-19 tests

I'm Adam Shaw, Senior Editor and one of the first members at VegasSlots. I'm a massive football sports fan but also love casinos and occasional trips to Las Vegas. Gaming runs in the family

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *