In this article, we are going to dissect a special type of modern roulette called Video Roulette which is a very popular online variant available at many casinos on the web. First of all, we are going to focus on some of the rules that are an important part of this game and make it stand out among other similar games. We are also going to focus on the technical part of the game and discuss various game strategies, as well as its RTP.
The game is based on European roulette, which means that the house edge is slightly higher compared to other games that use American rules. Thanks to La Partage rule, which is common in French roulettes, the RTP percentage is increased even further. The standard house edge of European roulettes is 2.70%, but La Partage makes it even smaller — approximately 1.35%.
The design of this game is as you would expect it since it follows the layout of the European roulette. Playtech has a long history of making casino games look as realistic as possible, and this game is no exception to that rule. The game feels as if you have just walked into a land-based casino, with crystal clear visuals and design, as well as the latest underlying technology.
What makes Video Roulette stand out is the wheel which is not animated at all. In fact, the name Video Roulette comes from the fact that the wheel you are watching is a real-life wheel recorded by a couple of cameras in real time. You can even switch cameras to change the angle and adjust your view of the wheel. As soon as the time for placing bets runs out, you will see a live dealer tossing a ball and spinning the wheel. This game is a perfect combination of live roulette and classic online roulette.
The main advantage of Video Roulette is low house edge thanks to La Partage, as well as great, realistic design with livestreamed roulette wheel. On the other hand, the main disadvantage for the players from the US who are not accustomed to European roulette is that it can take some time for them to get accustomed to the rules and the gameplay.
The game includes all the standard inside and outside betting options. In addition to a separate racetrack for call and neighbour bets, you can also access an exclusive menu where you can place only final bets.
That being said, it is safe to conclude that Video Roulette is mainly targeted at high rollers, as it allows placing really high bets. In fact, the maximum bet per spin is set at $250,000, which is one of the highest bet amounts for online roulette. On the other hand, the minimum bet is only $1, which means that beginners are also welcome to play this game and explore various betting options.
Make sure to pay attention to the statistics that players can access, as they can give you an in-depth insight into the game. Apart from the standard results overview, Video Roulette also offers hot and cold numbers, heat maps, and more.
How to play Video Roulette
With the knowledge of the game overview and the special features, it’s time to know how to play the game. First things first, Video Roulette is played in two major forms as follows;
Play Video Roulette for Free
The first stop on any casino game is encouraged on the practice, demo, or free mode. This ensures that a new player gets to familiarize himself/herself with the game, understands the key aspects such as bet sizes, features, rules, and so much more. The major highlight about this mode is that no real money will be included and therefore, a player will not be risking his/her money. On the flip side, no real money will be won while in this mode.
Play Video Roulette for Real Money
After grasping every important detail of the game, a player can now commit to playing for real money on the platform. Using our links, you can enjoy bonuses on the various online casinos offering Playtech’s Video Roulette. All that is needed is to find the casino that provides favorable bonus terms including the wagering requirements and proceed to deposit and play.
After depositing, there comes the playing part. So how do you play Video Roulette?
Land-based casinos Video Roulette Play
If you walk into a casino, you will notice that Video Roulette is reminiscent of the slots and video poker machines in that it comes in cabinet form. This also comes out as a marketing tool in influencing more video poker lovers and slots lovers to try it. Two screens are provided with one at the top and the other provided on the slanted part close to you. You will have the computer-generated wheel and results displayed at the top screen while the bottom screen provides the roulette table and the bet options.
- The game will be launched when you insert your ticket or cash into the bill acceptor.
- The balance and the chip denomination selector will be displayed on the right side of the lower screen.
- The chip denomination selector will provide an avenue to choose the size of chips to bet.
- You will then select the table you wish to wager on then for the denomination you chose, you will keep hitting the section/number to continually place chips.
Note: The difference with the regular roulette is that you will have to repeatedly tap the number since you can’t just grab the whole stack like in the normal roulette games.
- Once confirmed your betting selections, choose your spin button. The top screen will have the ball and wheel spinning.
- Once the wheel comes to a halt, the results will be displayed and if you won the spin round, your credits will be added and displayed on the right side.
Online casinos Video Roulette Play
Those who join online casinos powered by Playtech to play Video Roulette will have a slightly easy time. The game allows players to choose either to place a wager on a single number, series of numbers, low numbers, high numbers, or a color.
- Once you have deposited on your account, you will place a bet by clicking the casino chips on your tray.
- You can place as many bets as you can of different numbers provided your winnings do not exceed the set maximum payout.
- Once you have confirmed your bet, the wheel will start spinning as the ball is dropped in and spins until it slows and falls into a pocket. This determines the winning color and number
- If you land on winning colors/numbers, your winnings will be accredited to your casino’s account
Tips to win Roulette
Every player who gambles expects a return thereafter. That’s the reason behind wagering anyway. So we take a quick look at the general simple tips on how to win Roulette (Not tied to only Video Roulette).
- Take a preference on the outside bets – lower payouts but high chances of winning
- Take preference on the European Roulette – European Roulette variants have a favorable house edge. Remember Video Roulette is under European Roulette
- Gain an insight into the odds of the bets – You stand a better chance than not knowing the odds
- Settle for En Prison rule as much as possible – Applicable for the European Roulette variants. When the event has the ball ending in the ‘0’ slot, your money is placed in ‘prison’ and carried over to the next game
- Try the free play – Before you commit your money, try the demo-play to understand the game better
- Try a column-betting strategy – Entails betting on even vs low, red vs black, or high vs low. This is placing a bet that should have the ball land on a number available in one of the three columns on the table
To sum up, Video Roulette is a one-of-a-kind game that combines the amazing technology used by Playtech with live dealer action. Instead of all the awkward conversations with the dealer, you only get to see the live action once the betting phase is over and when a dealer gets to spin the wheel which is streamed live with a couple of cameras. Therefore, if you like playing live roulette and enjoy the La Partage rule, you are definitely going to love Video Roulette.
10 Feb 2020 | Adam Shaw | 1 CommentsCOMMENT SHARE