Located at 4500 Tropicana Avenue is the Orleans Las Vegas Hotel and Casino. This casino is owned and operated by Boyd Gaming and has a sister casino the Gold Coast Hotel and casino on the Strip. First opened in 1996 it did not initially live up to owners expectations. By 1999 other amenities were added and the casino renovated and made larger. These proved to be a successful addition with other additions being added in later years. In 2003 the Orleans Las Vegas arena was completed and this can be turned into an ice rink. In 2004 another hotel tower was added.
Although primarily considered to be a local’s casino, tourists flock here for the Mr Olympia contest. The addition of a free shuttle bus to its sister casino, Gold Coast and the Linq on the Strip between the hours of 9am and 12.30am has added to the Orleans Las Vegas Hotel and Casino’s appeal.
The Orleans Las Vegas Hotel and Casino has nine sister casinos in Las Vegas and they are:
- Gold Coast Hotel and Casino West Flamingo Road
- Aliante Casino Aliante parkway
- Sun Coast Hotel and Casino Alta Drive
- Sam’s Town Hotel and Gambling Hall Boulder Highway
- Eastside Cannery Hotel and Casino Boulder highway
- Cannery Casino and Hotel East Craig’s road
- California Hotel Casino East Ogden Ave
- Fremont Hotel and Casino Fremont Street
- Main Street Station Casino Brewery Hotel North Main Street