How to Play Sic Bo
Sic Bo is a three dice table game played in casinos all over the world. The game has many different names such as dai su, tai sai, among others. It appeal to many as the game is straightforward and is a welcome change from the standard casino games we engage in daily. In this game, the assurance of winning is dependent on the chance that the dice rolled will offer the best outcome according to the bets you placed.
The game started in China, where it is known as dominoes or dice. It quickly took effect in the 20th century and is now played worldwide even online. Sic Bo strategy and rules are quite simple and require minimal skill. All you need to win this game is good knowledge of dice combinations and possible winning bets. The game has no clear playing advantage for the player. However, it is not a limitation as the game remains popular among casino game players to date.
How to play Sic Bo is a common question in every casino game site. Playing Sic Bo is very easy. All you need to do is:
- Place a bet on the desired bet area indicating the combinations of the dice outcomes you expect to roll.
- Inspect the dices to be pushed before they are inserted into the dice shaker.
- Let the dealer activate the dice shaker and roll out the dices.
- Collect your payout if the combinations selected to match those rolled. If not, the dealer collects all the bets that do not match the roll.
Types of Bets
Sic Bo has very many bets. These bets are designed to increase your chances of winning. However, they all come with a different house edge. Therefore, be sure to exercise caution when placing your bets. You might win or end up losing all of your money. Here are the different types of Sic Bo bets.
- Small chance provides for wins for the sum of 4 and ten except when you have 3 of a kind.
- Big bet provides wins for the amount 11 and 17 except when it 3 of a kind.
- Odd bets are when the dice outcomes total is an odd number which excludes triples as well.
- Even stakes are when the dice outcomes add up to an even number which excludes triples.
- Triples and specific triple bets are when the result of all the three dices is the same.
- Specific double bet is when one particular number is the outcome of at least two of the three rolled dices.
- Any Triple is when the result of the three dices is any number.
- Three dice sum bet is when the total of the three dice outcomes equals to the sum of the bet placed.
- Dice combinations are when the result is two different but specific numbers.
- A single bet is a bet where the player bets 1-6 as the outcomes of the rolled dices.
The primary objective of this game is to come up with a strong strategy in placing your bets so that the final result is suitable for you and guess the output of the three dice that are being rolled simultaneously. The game provides its players with a wide range of betting options on a physical or online table and a few primary bets from the betting foundation.
Players can always take the chances and try placing the more lucrative bets on the board, but as they do, the betting odds tilt in a house’s favour. Remember, if the payout odds are very high, then that outcome is less likely to occur.
The Sic Bo payouts are dependent on the bets you place. The payout table is as follows:
|Bet in pace||Payout||House edge in %|
|Big and small bets||1 to 1||2.78|
|Sum of 4 or 17||60 to 1||15.28|
|Sum of 5 or 16||30 to 1||13.89|
|Sum of 6 or 15||17 to 1||16.67|
|Sum of 7 or 14||12 to 1||9.72|
|Sum of 8 or 13||8 to 1||12.5|
|Sum of 9 or 12||6 to 1||18.99|
|Sum of 10 or 11||6 to 1||12.5|
|Single dice bets||1 to 1, 2 to 1 and 3 to 1||7.87|
|Double bet||10 to 1||18.25|
|Any triple bet||30 to 1||13.89|
|Specific triple bet||180 to 1||16.2|
|Two dice combination bet||5 to 1||16.67|
The house edge for the Sic Bo casino table game vary depending on the outcomes of the dice after rolling and the winning combinations bets placed. It ranges from 2.7% for the big and small bets to 18.99% to a combination bet of 25 with the bet on the sum of 9 or 12.
Playing Strategy Tips
There are no specific Sic Bo strategies as the game is wholly independent on chance. However, there are a few tips you can consider while playing the game.
- Even though you can place multiple bets, do not bet on too many areas. You may win on some, but count on how many you might lose.
- Conduct an analysis on which is the best possible winning dice combinations and their payouts. Ask yourself, are they worth the bet? If yes, place the bet.
Bet on small and big areas
- If aiming to place multiple bets, put them on the big and small betting areas. They have the lowest house advantage and the best winning odds. Remember to explore other bets after all; it is indeed a game of chance.
Don’t fall for the gambler’s fallacy
- If the dice have been rolling into the small bet area for quite a while, then the same will happen tomorrow and the day after. It is not true. The outcomes are independent of each other.
To play the table game, you need a whole table with different varieties of dice combinations and their payouts. Also, three dices and a shaker you use to roll the dices. Finally, you need two dealers and an electrical board for use in displaying the dice outcomes and other essential information during the game. If playing online, all you need is a reliable connection to the internet, a dependable device and a comfortable area or space.
When it comes to this game's betting strategy, the reality is that the type of bets you place can or will make the difference. Since the game primarily depends on fortune, it means that your patience pays than anything else and you will need to prepare yourself to defend and not to attack. You can read more about strategy above.
When it comes to this game's betting strategy, the reality is that the type of bets you place can or will make the difference. Since the game primarily depends on fortune, it means that your patience pays than anything else and you will need to prepare yourself to defend and not to attack.
|4 and 17||12.5%|
|5 and 16||11.1%|
|6 and 15||12%|
|7 and 14||9.72%|
|8 and 13||12.5%|
|9 and 12||7.4%|
|10 and 11||12.5%|
10 Feb 2020 | Adam Shaw | 0 CommentsCOMMENT SHARE