Let It Ride Poker
Let it ride is a poker-based casino table game. The game came into existence in the 1980s. However, the game has gained popularity and is now being played in casinos both online and offline. The game was created by ShuffleMaster Inc. and it requires you as a player to have five cards as the payout system is based on five cards. The game has been on the tables for 25yrs, and its attractiveness has not yet faded.
Playing the game is simple as you don’t bet against the house or the dealer and neither do you play against your friends. In this game, if the dealer has the top card, it is your lucky day. Besides, the game offers the opportunity to withdraw bets initially placed before the game started. It often happens, especially if the game is not going as planned. Guess what! There is no fee for withdrawing the bet.
The rules on how to play Let It Ride Poker is easy to understand. It means you can play the game after just reading out the rules and following the strategy laid out. Here are the playing rules:
- Place even bets on the three marked spots, i.e. if you place the first bet to be $3, the other two chances must also be the same.
- Once accepted, the dealer deals out three cards face down to each player. Then the dealers deal out two community cards at the centre of the gaming table
- The players review the cards and based on the poker values, they can choose to fold and withdraw the bet, and the dealer gives you back the amount wagered for that bet or Let It Ride. If you select the latter, the cards in hand are placed in the circle of the first bet.
- Then the dealer turns over one card from the two community cards
- The players then decide in regards to the card in front of them. It determines whether they will fold the 2nd bet or let it ride.
- Once the decisions have been made, then the dealer exposes the second community card.
- The cards are then turned over, and the winning hand is awarded to whoever has the highest poker hand.
- You also have the opportunity to place a side bet at the beginning of the game.
Types of bets
Let it ride poker has two kinds of bets:
- Ante wager
These are three bets of the same amount made before the game starts.
- Side Bet
It is an extra one dollar bet that is placed, which increases a player’s eligibility for the games bonus payouts.
The objective of this game is to win with the highest poker hand, which increases your payouts. Besides, with the best-played side bet wagers, you might end up taking home even bonus payouts.
Let it ride poker hand ranks are compared from the strongest poker hands to the weakest. These hand ranks are:
- Royal Flush
- Straight Flush
- Four Of A Kind
- Full House
- 3 of a Kind
- Two Pair
- Tens or Better
Game payouts are as follows.
|Winning Hand||Standard Payout|
|Royal Flush||1000 to 1|
|Straight Flush||200 to 1|
|Four of a kind||50 to 1|
|Full House||11 to 1|
|Flush||8 to 1|
|Straight||5 to 1|
|Three of a kind||3 to 1|
|Two pairs||2 to 1|
|Tens or better||1 to 1|
In the case of a bonus bet, the payouts differ and the following table is used.
|Royal Flush||20, 000 to 1|
|Straight Flush||2000 to 1|
|Four of a kind||400 to 1|
|Full House||200 to 1|
|Flush||50 to 1|
|Straight||25 to 1|
|Three of a kind||5 to 1|
If you get a three card bonus, then the payout is as follows.
|Winning Hand||Oasis Poker Standard Payout|
|Mini Royal Flush||50 to 1|
|Straight Flush||40 to 1|
|Three of a kind||30 to 1|
|Straight||6 to 1|
|Flush||4 to 1|
|Pair||1 to 1|
The game has a house edge of 3.5%. It is constant as many casinos end up using the same standard pay table for this specific table game.
Playing Strategy Tips
Let it Ride Poker Strategy is quite simple. However, you have to evaluate the cards you have before making any decision entirely. The let it ride poker strategies are based on two things; the number of tickets you have and their poker values. In this case, you should Let It Ride only if you have:
- Winning Hand
- A paying hand
- Three to a royal flush
- Suited cards three of them except 2, 3 and 4 or ace, 2 and 3.
- 3 to a straight flush, ensure one high card and spread 4
- 3 to a straight flush, ensure you have at least two high cards and spread 5
- A pair of tens or better according to the payout table above
- Four cards that are of the same suit
- Any four cards with a single high card to an outside straight
- Any four cards without a top card to an outside straight
- Any four cards with four high cards to an inside straight
Point to note; the last 2 points in the four cards strategy tips enjoy zero house edge.
You will need a table with the let it ride poker logo in the middle. On the players sides, are three circles marked with dollar signs providing spots in which the bets are placed. On the side is a red circle that allows space to place the side bet. It is only for offline players.
If playing online, all you need is your laptop, a comfortable place to sit and reliable internet.
The house edge for Let it Ride Poker is 3.51% making it the half way in terms of casino game, house edge. Let it Ride Poker is similar to Three Card Poker edge however it has a more generous edge than the Three Card Poker Pair Plus side bet.
In Let it Ride poker you don't play against anyone so the goal of the game is to try and gather the right cards to make a winning hand. Here are the winning hands which you need to make to win in Let it ride Poker; Royal flush: A royal flush consists of a 10-J-K-Q-A, all from the same suit. Straight flush: The player has 5 cards of the same suit, following each other in numerical order, for example, 3-4-5-6-7 of hearts. Four of a kind: Five cards with four of the same rank and a side card, for example, all of the four aces and an 8. Full house: A hand containing three cards of the same rank and two cards from a different but matching rank. For example, three 8s and two 10s from different suits. Flush: Five cards of the same suit, without following any sequence. Straight: A sequence of five cards from different suits. For example, a 3-4-5-6-7 from a mixture of diamonds, hearts, spades, and flowers. Three of a kind: When a player's hand contains three cards of the same rank and two unrelated ones, for example, 8-8-8-6-7. Two pairs:The player can win a game of Let It Ride Poker if they have two cards from a matching rank, another matching pair from a matching rank and a side card. Tens or better: Without the above combinations, the hand should contain at least a 10 or better to have any winning chance in the game.
The following is a simple strategy that you can use during the game. In your first bet, you should let it ride if: ● You have any of the winning hands among your three cards, (a straight flush, royal flush, three of a kind, or a pair of 10s or better). ● If you need one more card to make a straight flush and the lowest ranking is 5. ● You need one more card to make a straight flush, and one of your cards is a 10, for example, 6-8-10. ● You have two gaps that can be filled from any side to make a straight flush, for example, 6-8-10. In your second bet, you should let it ride if: ● You need one more card to make a straight flush or a flush. ● You have any of the winning hands mentioned below. ● You have four cards to an outside straight and a 10 or higher in the ranks.
10 Feb 2020 | Adam Shaw | 0 CommentsCOMMENT SHARE