Introduction to Keno – How to play
Keno is a game of chance. Unlike other games the game is played using 80 numbers. It has no specific winning strategy. Understanding how it works is the best option for earning significant results. It is easy to learn how to play Keno.
The game originates from the Chinese people. They played it back in the mid-1800s before it gained an audience in the US and other countries. Immigrants traveling around the world introduced the game to different parts of the world. Since then, the game has taken root and can be found in many casinos and online as well.
Eighty playing characters characterize Keno. As the player, you select a maximum of 10 or 20 numbers randomly from the 80. A draw is conducted where a machine blows balls numbered with the characters. If the device draws numbers you selected, then you are immediately credited. The game is not only engaging but also very entertaining and enjoyable.
Keno playing strategy is quite simple as it follows the rules of the game on how to play Keno. These rules are:
- Identify a casino where you want to play the game both online and offline.
- Select random numbers from the numbers on the grid to the maximum numbers allowed by the casino.
- Choose the amount of money you want to place on your selected numbers. Once the decision is made and the bet submitted, then you cannot make any changes. Therefore, be sure of your chance and the selected numbers before submission.
- Sit and wait for the numbers to be drawn. Compare and collect your winnings.
- You can make multiple bets with different bets amounts and wins.
- You can win simultaneously on the various bets placed.
- Bet restrictions are imposed.
- You can bet on different numbers on different betting levels depending on the casino.
Types of bets
- Straight bet or ticket
Making a single wager on the marked numbers is sometimes called making a straight bet. It is the simplest way to make a bet in the game.
- King bet or ticket
A king is any number that is already marked and is added on all combinations you select for your bet.
- Combination bet or ticket
The betting involves marking different number of groupings and playing any combination of these numbers. If you choose three numbers 1, 2 and 3, you may have combinations of 1/2, 1/3, 1/4 and so on. 1/5 for a combination of the two and three groups, for 2 and four groups you have 1/6, for 3 and four groups you have 1/7 and 1/9 for the three groups together.
- Progressive bet
The bet is for a progressive jackpot that is sometimes paid with 100% returns from the placed bet. It is difficult to reach a progressive jackpot as many chances only have very few tickets winning any returns on bets placed.
The Keno game aims to have ten winning numbers at hand to collect suitable winnings for the day.
The game has no hand ranks as the winnings are determined by the outcomes of selected numbers from one to eighty.
The payouts for the Keno casino game are according to the number of cards similar to the drawn ones. The payouts are as follows:
- 1 card pick pay returns are 75%
- 2 card pick pay returns are 98.10%
- 3 card pick pay returns are 90.19%
- 4 card pick pay returns are 89.02%
- 5 card pick pay returns are 86.08%
- 6 card pick pay returns are 93.79%
- 7 card pick pay returns are 93.61%
- 8 card pick pay returns are 92.94%
- 9 card pick pay returns are 93.49%
- 10 card pick pay returns are 90.82%
Keno has the most significant house edge of 25%, which can range to 40% in other casinos. It is wholly dependent on the casino where you are playing the game.
Playing strategy tips
Keno strategy is simple. You have to compare the different pay tables offered in different casinos. Select the numbers with the available pay rates that you are interested in and go to the specific casino offering the best payouts. Similarly, play in an online casino offering the best prices as well.
For an online playing scenario, the playing strategy and tips are a bit different. Here are the Keno strategy tips when playing online:
- Conduct trials to gauge your skills by playing free Keno games online.
- Find an online casino that offers the best or highest payout rates.
- Choose a site that provides the most exceptional welcome bonus rates.
- Average the numbers by making them a few.
- Make sure that you put into consideration the games playing odds.
- Try different names all the time; sticking to the same numbers can cause you a big win or loss. The chances are the same on both outcomes. However, mixing it up increases your chances to win.
- Always use cards that have multiple races in case you desire to place multiple bets.
- Be wise when placing your bets online as they can lose or win big
To play the Keno game online, you need a reliable internet network, a comfortable playing space, and a playing device such as a computer, mobile phone, or an iPad. If playing offline, you will need to purchase tickets, mark the desired number combinations. You also need a machine for shuffling the balls and drawing them, indicating the winning numbers.