- ESPN and Caesars Entertainment Inc. formally commemorated the launch of their new studio at The LINQ Hotel + Experience in Las Vegas.
- The event happened concurrently with ESPN’s Daily Wager inaugural telecast from the Las Vegas studio with host Kezirian.
- Several leaders of both companies attended the occasion, with Senior Director of Remote Production Operations for ESPN Mike Foss and CEO for Caesars Tom Reeg joining Kezirian at the studio.
- The inaugural telecast was also Kezirian’s homecoming.
ESPN and Caesars Entertainment Inc. formally commemorated the launch of their new studio at The LINQ Hotel + Experience in Las Vegas. The event coincided with the maiden telecast of ESPN’s Daily Wager from the Las Vegas studio with host Doug Kezirian.
To celebrate the epoch-making occasion, Senior Director of Remote Production Operations for ESPN Mike Foss and Caesars Entertainment’s Chief Executive Officer Tom Reeg and President and Chief Operating Officer Antony Carano joined Kezirian for a ribbon-cutting ceremony at the studio.
Physical ESPN Studio space at The LINQ Hotel + Experience
Also available at the launch from the leadership team of Caesars were Co-Presidents of Caesars Sports, Chris Holden and Eric Hession, and General Manager of The LINQ Hotel + Experience, Dan Walsh.
The partnership between ESPN and Caesars Entertainment Inc. establishes the studio as a Las Vegas center with extra ESPN shows that the companies will produce across platforms.
Reeg said that it was an exciting day for Caesars Entertainment as they were not only celebrating the physical ESPN Studio space at The LINQ Hotel + Experience but that they were also able to display the transformation of Las Vegas into a real sports city with the addition of the Vegas Golden Knights and Las Vegas Raiders.
He added that ESPN was the global leader in sports entertainment. Therefore, the merger between the two companies would bring millions of additional fans and Caesars Rewards customers to both of their platforms to get entertainment and information, Reeg said.
Daily Wager is ESPN’s first daily countrywide telecasted show from the Entertainment Capital of the World. Tuesday, September 8’s inaugural telecast marked host Kezirian’s homecoming. The media personality has covered sports betting for at least 15 years. He also worked in Las Vegas for seven years before joining ESPN.
Joining Kezirian on Daily Wager will be sports betting experts and ESPN analysts and reporters.
The show stopped due to the coronavirus pandemic
After celebrating its first anniversary in March, the show stopped due to the coronavirus pandemic. The Daily Wager is now back on air on ESPN at 6 pm ET on weekdays. Besides, the show will be on Sunday mornings during the football season.
The broadened dedication with Caesars continues to build upon a stable of ESPN content related to betting, dating back to more than 10 years. Apart from Daily Wager, ESPN betting-related content has comprised of:
- Behind the Bets with Doug Kezirian, a podcast from Las Vegas.
- Stanford Steve and The Bear, a podcast that airs during football season.
- Bettor Days with Mike Greenberg on ESPN+.
- “Bad Beats” on SportsCenter with Scott Van Pelt.
- Betting news, discussion segments in signature shows on SportsCenter.
- Gambling and gambling industry coverage on ESPN.com for more than a decade.